Monday, January 13, 2014

Bathroom Updates

Our downstairs bathroom is going to be a bit of a challenge to decorate. The owners of our condo have adorned the walls in a very dated floral wallpaper. I am hoping that after we live here for a bit and the landlord gets to know us a bit better that we can ask to remove the wallpaper and paint the bathroom walls, but until then we need to make the most of it.

I added a few decorative touches and a neutral rug I found at Home Goods for $12 to hopefully take away from the busy wallpaper.






This little crate was on the clearance shelf in Michael's in the fall for $3. I filled it with some leftover pine cones from fall decorating. I love pine cones since they work for both the fall and winter seasons. In the middle is a can that I covered with twine and filled with some twigs and greens from the bottom of our tree.




Found this trash basket at Home Goods for $7. The darker color breaks up the soft neutrals and adds some texture.

On the counter I filled an empty mason jar filled with pine cones and acorns I covered with glitter. The tea light jar is from The Christmas Tree Shop for $1.99.






We still have some work to do in our first floor bathroom, but at least we've added a bit of charm and cozy for our guests. I'd love to add some floating shelves above the toilet and paint the walls, but we will see where this year leads us.

Come back to the blog to see our finished mobile for the nursery and another project I've been working on! Happy Monday!

 Keep in Touch with La Vita DiBella!
Subscribe to Blog I Follow on Facebook I Follow on Twitter
  Follow on Instagram I Follow on Bloglovin’


No comments: