Saturday, July 21, 2012

Greek Quesadilla

Tonight the Husband and I went to a local winery that was having live music with some family. Instead of BYOB since there was wine by the bottle or by the glass it was BYOF (bring your own food). So, I needed something quick and easy to pack up to bring along.
I chose a recipe I found on Pinterest and tweaked it a bit. 



First, I chopped up:
1/2 cucumber (peeled) I also took out the seeds since I don't like the seed part of cukes.
1 handful pitted black olives
1/2 red onion
1 medium tomato
1/2 avocado
2 handfuls spinach


After spraying my pan with olive oil cooking spray, I placed one whole wheat tortilla on my nonstick pan. I spread the spinach first on top of the tortilla, then spread the chopped veggies on top of the spinach. 



I added a handful or two of crumbled feta cheese and lots and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese. 
Then, I placed another whole wheat tortilla on top and waited for the quesadilla to begin to sizzle on medium-high heat. 


After a few minutes, once the cheese was melted, I flipped the tortilla (very carefully) to cook the other side for a few minutes (until lightly browned). 
Tip: unlike I did, put enough cheese around the edges so that once it melts it prevents the veggies from falling out when flipping the tortilla

Then, cut with a pizza cutter in however many pieces you desire and enjoy!



The Husband and I put ours in tupperware containers and headed out to Old York Cellars in Ringoes, NJ for some lovely music, tasty food (thanks to Pinterest), great music, and amazing wine! 

Old York Cellars
What did you do this Friday evening?

No comments: