Tuesday, July 17, 2012

LBI mini-vacation

Hello all! 

First of all, I just wanted to apologize for the lapse in time between my sneak peak into the wedding details...and the actual details. oops! I guess moving into a new home & getting settled into married life is a bit more involved than I thought! Well, I guess it doesn't help that I quit my job about a week ago and in the same week began taking a 6-week intensive summer graduate course huh? More on that later.

I promise to get back to the lovely details. Just wanted to pop in quick to tell you about our mini vacation. The husband's aunt graciously invited us to her lovely beach home in LBI, so we went down there Sunday-Monday evening. 

We had a bit of a late start due to working uber late Saturday night. So, we didn't get ourselves out to the beach until almost 3pm. But it was beautiful!



Well, beautiful for the 15 minutes it took us to lather ourselves in sunscreen and sit down only to realize a huge stinking storm was on the way. Unfortunately we didn't stay at the beach much longer. 

Fortunately, we were able to take a trip to a super yummy seafood restaurant called The Boat House.
The view from the back of the restaurant looking over the bay.

The Husband got grilled chicken and shrimp over penne with a pesto sauce.
I got mussels in a white wine garlic sauce with a side caprese salad. yum!


And we got to watch the crazy storm roll in. And linger. The husband got some pretty awesome shots of the crazy lightning. 




Luckily, after a relaxing evening, Monday was a full day at the beach. We stayed a full 5.5 hours in the roasting hot sun. It was glorious! I got a good start on the 3rd Hunger Games book. And the husband finished a book he was reading. 

Don't you love trips to the beach? Even if they are short, they never fail to relax and rejuvenate me!

What mini-vacations have you taken lately?

No comments: