Sunday, July 22, 2012

Roasted Veggies

Tonight was my mass cooking night. Since the Husband works late hours he's rarely home for dinner and it's honestly the worst trying to get up enough motivation to cook meals for myself. In order to make sure we eat "real" meals and so that I don't have to cook alone every night, I've decided the weekend will be my chance to cook some meals ahead of time to lessen the cooking time during the week. Tonight I made a few things, but I tried a brand new recipe from Pinterest!




To start I chopped up a bunch of veggies:
1 1/2 zucchinis
1 cup broccoli
1/2 red pepper
1/2 red onion

Then, I steamed the zucchini while I drained a can of pitted black olives and a can of marinated artichoke hearts.


Once they were slightly soft, to stop them from cooking and getting mushy, I dumped them into a bowl of icy water for about a minute and drained them.


After the zucchini was blanched, I put all the veggies in a large bowl with italian dressing. I tossed the veggies until they were all coated lightly in the dressing. Once they were coated in the dressing, I put them on a baking sheet and sprinkled them with salt, pepper, dried basil and a little bit of dried oregano.


I roasted the veggies in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes flipping them a few times.


When I took them out, I sprinkled them with parmesan cheese, tossed them with a bit more dressing and they were ready to go! They smelled absolutely delicious!!




Try any new recipes lately?

No comments: