Saturday, February 9, 2013

Falafel Pita

Tonight I tried a new food. Falafel. Ever tried it? I've heard all about it and I've seen it in many recipes on Pinterest, but never got around to trying it myself. 



I've seen recipes to make falafel from scratch on Pinterest like these:



But, when I was recently at the grocery store I noticed a falafel mix and figured I'd give it a try!


All you do is mix 3/4 cup water with the mix. It's an all organic mix with no crazy ingredients. 
Then, you have to let it sit for 10 minutes to harden a bit.


Then, you heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a frying pan for 3-5 minutes and form the falafel into patties. Fry the patties for about 4 minutes each side until they are browned and hardened. 


I couldn't help but notice the view of the pretty wall art above the coffee station from the oven. 


When the falafel is cooked, drain remaining oil and serve over a green salad or in a pita. 





It's a healthy and easy meal! Perfect for a single serving when the hubby is out and leftovers for lunches! I would definitely buy the Nature's Earthly Choice falafel again. Then, maybe one day I'll be adventurous and make my own from scratch!

Do you like falafel? Have a good falafel recipe?

No comments: