Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Pretty Walk

I have a confession to make. Yep, I haven't been doing the best in the fitness department. Frank was actually make fun of me saying that I sounded so motivated a few weeks ago yet he hasn't seen any action. It's sad but true.



So, I'm not sure if I shared this fully, but basically I'm in the process of going to several doctors to find out why my heart rate sky rockets when I do so much as walk on an incline or jog at a 5.5-6.0 speed on a treadmill. It's honestly been happening to me since I was in 6th grade and I was always told that I had exercise induced asthma. Frank and I began going to new doctors since we moved in the area and this guy was not satisfied with that diagnosis and wanted to find out what exactly was preventing me from running. 





To be honest, it's a relief that someone is finally taking this issue seriously when for years I've felt there was something wrong and nobody seemed to get it.





Well...we're on the third month now of trying to figure this out and until I see a cardiologist I'm not supposed to be straining myself (i.e., no running). Bummer. I think I've sort of taken this news as an excuse. And I did say, No Excuses! So, this week, after Frank totally called me out, I decided that taking walks and getting back into yoga has to happen. And it did.





Frank and I took a nice walk into the main area of Bordentown, past a pretty park, and down the the boat launch area where the trail continues over a bridge beside the railroad tracks. It was probably at least a 2 mile walk and felt great once we got home! We decided to try to do this weekly and possibly bi-weekly in addition to me walking at the gym again. I also did yoga two times this week--yay! It felt great. It's definitely a challenging work-out and I'm feeling it today! It feels good to finally push myself and to know that even if I may not be able to run, I shouldn't let that stop me from doing other types of work-outs.






Question of the Day: What do you do for work-outs? Do you have a favorite place to run or walk?



Follow La Vita DiBella on Facebook and Follow on Twitter @BrittanyDibella ! 
And feel free to leave me comments! They make me happy :)

No comments: