Monday, September 16, 2013

Burlap & Berries Fall Wreath

Yesterday I had a burst of energy and decided since it's not too often that happens these days to take advantage. I took the opportunity to head over to the craft store and pick up some items to make a wreath. And this is what I came up with.




I found this tutorial on Pinterest on how to make the looped burlap wreath which I used at first and then made up the rest as I went along. To be honest I didn't know exactly how I wanted the wreath to end up, but I had a big  monogram "D", burlap, a wire wreath frame and some berry garlands I picked up for 30% off.

To recreate a wreath like this,  you'll need:

2 rolls of wide burlap "ribbon" (my rolls were 20ft each and I used 1.5 rolls)
1 roll of berry garland (mine was bendable which helped me to attach it to the wreath)
1 large monogram letter
1 15in. wire wreath frame
a glue gun with glue sticks


1. First I had to figure out how to loop the burlap in and out of the wire frame. This is what I used this tutorial  for, but to be honest, I had to do some trial and error at first until I got myself into a groove. To begin the burlap I wrapped the end around the wire frame and glued it to hold it in place. I ended up cutting the burlap into long strips to make it a bit more manageable to work with and had to glue the ends each time I finished and began a new strip.




2. Work your way around the frame making your loops as loose or tight as you wish. I made mine fairly loose since I liked the look of a wider wreath and because I was afraid to run out of burlap. 20 ft of burlap goes quicker than you would think!





3. Once you finish, check your loops and glue into place any that seem floppy or in need of some reinforcement. Then, add decorations. I used berries and bent the wire around the wire frame and used the glue as reinforcement. I also glued our "D" monogram at the bottom to pull it all together.

    You could also use silk flowers, buttons, pine cones, twigs or anything else you have lying around your home.



Less than 1 hour later, I had a fresh new wreath and couldn't wait to hang it up on our door! There's something about a fall wreath that really signals the transition from summer to my favorite season!!






So...what do you think!? 

Tell me: What would you use to decorate a new fall wreath? Or, what does your wreath look like?

Keep in Touch with La Vita DiBella!
Subscribe to Blog I Follow on Facebook I Follow on Twitter

      Follow on Instagram I Follow on Bloglovin’

No comments: