Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 2 of Early Shut Down & Some Green Cleaning

Hey everyone! So I am just stopping in fast to let you know how I'm doing with the whole turning off the computer by 10pm deal. So far day one (yesterday) was a bit rough. Since Frank doesn't get home until late I am usually trying to occupy myself until he gets home. Last night I was on the computer and looked down at the time only to gasp! It was already 10:18pm. Fail.

But, I have to say that it was not a complete failure. It just proved how used to being on the computer late at night I am. Also, as it usually tends to go, when you make a mistake you regret, you remember it better the next time around. It is now 9:48 and I fully intend on shutting down my computer by 10pm. At least I am more aware right?

Anyway quick sharing time. Today I was browsing on Pinterest for some cleaning tips before I was about to clean my house and found this little gem. Basically you should read it. It explains how incredibly dangerous and harmful cleaning products are. As I was reading I realized that I own more than a few. So I looked up alternatives, as it suggested. I found these:









At least there are alternatives! And as the article mentioned, people had clean houses before they started to commercialize cleaning products...soo why the need to make things so complicated and quite frankly, so expensive and even dangerous.

Tonight I bought 2 24oz spray bottles from the dollar store, baking soda and vinegar. I made one of the suggested all-purpose cleaners and cleaned both my bathrooms and kitchen with it.

All-Purpose Cleaner:
1 part water
1 part vinegar

Then I used the one suggestion to put 1 cup baking soda in the toilet, let sit for 1 hour, and flush to erase odor and clean the bowl.

I challenge you to check out these links...especially the first one and be mindful of the products that we use on a daily basis. Not everything that is sold is actually safe.

And with that, I'm out! Have a fantastic night!

No comments: