Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Our First New Year's Eve

Happy New Year everyone! I don't know about you, but realizing it's 2013 will probably take a while for me. Let's see how many times I write 2012 instead of 2013 in the next few weeks.

For our first New Year's Eve Frank and I wanted to have a nice, relaxing, low-key evening. No dressing up, no parties, no staying out late. Just some snacks, our pjs, some movies in the comfort of our own cozy living room. And that's what we did!


I took the opportunity to set the table and use our pretty colored wine glasses for the first time!


We lit all the Christmas lights and the Christmas tree, dimmed the lights, and got cozy on the couch. For some reason Spike has had a Star Wars marathon for a few days, so we decided to watch Star Wars for a few hours while eating delicious snacks.


Of course I made Frank's favorite: pigs in a blanket. And we ate some of his mom's delicious stromboli bread.


I also made homemade guacamole with salsa and tortilla chips.


Then of course we had to help finish off the Christmas cookies before we can't eat them anymore and Frank's mom's caramel popcorn. We were stuffed! But it was so nice to just relax together and reflect on the past year together.


What did you do for New Year's Eve? Do you have any traditions? Happy New Year's! I hope you all enjoy your last day of vacation before heading back to work or school or whatever your normal routine is.

No comments: