Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich

I hate taking down Christmas decorations. It's sad putting away the twinkly lights, shiny Christmas balls, and greenery. It made our apartment look so much less cozy and empty where the tree used to be. I guess it's an opportunity to work on new decorations...or just wait impatiently until spring comes so I can fill the apartment with fresh flowers and spring greenery instead. 

Anyway, after we finished putting things away and talking about our resolutions, one of which is being more healthy, we decided to make something extra yummy for lunch.

I had some leftovers in the fridge I needed to use so I put together a Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich. I had a similar sandwich at Panera bread a while back and decided since we had the perfect leftovers, it would be a great way to start off 2013 with something healthy and yummy!




We used leftover turkey, cooked some bacon, and sliced some onion and avocados. Super simple and super delicious!

Recipe:
Handful baby spinach                      1/2 avocado
3 slices cooked bacon                     cooked and sliced turkey breast
red onion                                         2 slices whole grain bread

Layer sandwich:
Bread, turkey, baby spinach, onions, bacon, avocado, bread.

Happy 2013!

No comments: